Learn How Beginners & College Students Can Start a Blog Successfully With These Helpful Tips
- Learn How Beginners & College Students Can Start a Blog Successfully With These Helpful Tips
- – If interested in Object
- – Interested In Subject?
- – Want To Write About Your Hobby?
- – Reveal Your Passion
- DECIDE NICHE YOU ARE CRAZY ABOUT
- DON’T WASTE TIME ON FREE BLOG PORTALS
- BUY A DOMAIN & HOSTING PLAN THAT SUITS YOUR POCKET
- SELECT IMPRESSIVE THEME
- SCHEDULE A DAY FOR WRITING A BLOG
- WRITE 500+ WORDS EACH BLOG POST EVERY WEEK
- BLOGGING MISTAKES TO AVOID
- OPTIMIZE BLOG FOR SEO
- BE MORE ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO SHARE
- SPEND 10 TO 15 MINS A DAY TO RESEARCH & STUDY NICHE COMPETITORS
- MENTION YOUR BLOG TO FRIENDS, LECTURERS, COLLEAGUES & RELATIVES
- LEARN TECHNICAL SKILLS TO IMPROVE BLOG
- KEEP ON IMPROVISING WRITING SKILLS TO PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
- START SELLING DIGITAL PRODUCTS ON BLOG
- IMPROVE ALEXA RANK – MAKE AN IMPRESSION OVER ADVERTISERS
- MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- CONCLUSION: PLAN BIGGER FOR MORE MONEY & BLOG FAME
An obliging question needs to be answered before knowing how newbies and students can start a blog in 2018. Why do you want to start a blog? Well it’s not a mandated question to answer, but at least answer yourself, just to encourage and motivate your mind.
I’m sure your answer would be one of these:
- To Make Money Online
- To Become Popular / Gain Fame
- Just To Give Plenty Of Knowledge To Others and Helping Them Out
- Or All Of The Above
Students can start a blog if they are eligible in certain criteria. Before beginning with a blog, make sure you got mentioned qualities:
- Good or Moderate Level Of English
- Excellent or Moderate Quality Of Writing
- Interested In an Object, Subject, Hobby and most importantly Passion About Something
Let me explain;
– If interested in Object
Yes, students can start a blog if they are affectionate and attached to an object. Object can be any physical or tangible item that attracts you, or makes you think or talk a lot about it, Viz:
- The Sports Car
- Smart Phone or Any Gadget
– Interested In Subject?
Here, Students can start a blog if they’ve got engrossed into a subject matter. Don’t take it on another way, here subject doesn’t mean Physics, Maths, History or Chemistry. It is about a particular Topic;
- Jio Extended its Free Services with a New Device Launch
- Football Impressed Cricketers
- A poor street guy became a Millionaire
- Local business opportunities for Tourists in India
- News about Business, Sports, Technology, Marketing, Business, Poor Economy, etc.
And many similar hot topics you may choose from.
– Want To Write About Your Hobby?
Students can start a blog undoubtedly, if they got an awesome spice based on their hobbies. Don’t get jumbled here. Your hobbies could be:
- Painting & Designing
- Being Adventurous
- Playing Rugby
- Bike Stunts
- Trying Up Different ‘Make-Up’ Styles
- Following Fashion Trends
- Browsing & Studying About Gadgets & Devices
- Browsing On Marketing Trends & Critics
- Surfing What’s New on the Internet
Write on what you love to do. If you intend to write on digital products and sell the same, here is the decisive guide – Sell Digital Products Online.
– Reveal Your Passion
Writing on hobby is good to start as a beginner. Turn your hobby into passion that inspires others. Become more professional and motivated about your ‘topic’ that you would make others fall in love with your thoughts.
DECIDE NICHE YOU ARE CRAZY ABOUT
In essence Niche is a particular Field or Topic a blogger prefers for. Niche can be relevant to Hobby or an umbrella that shades one of your topics. Examples of niche:
- Technology / Tech
- Marketing, Advertising & Media
- Electronic Gadgets & Devices
- Digital Marketing
- Style & Fashion
- Clothing & Accessories
- Makeup & Hair Styles
- Health & Fitness
- Interior Decor
- Digital & Graphic Designs
- Dance & Yoga
- Review & Clitics
- How To Guide (Multi-Niche)
DON’T WASTE TIME ON FREE BLOG PORTALS
Now when you already have preferred niche to begin with, plan for the first blog post plotting crucial points. Whatever topic would be don’t waste precious time on free blog portal’s like ‘Blogger’. Even though you intend to start for free it won’t be advantageous for long run. You cannot select premium themes, Optimize 100% SEO, Add-on plugins or Create you own Brand here. You domain won’t be unique here, it will appear as ‘yourdomain.blogspot.com’.
Go For Self Hosted Blog as ‘WordPress’. Making own blog Kingdom and Brand to earn. WordPress enables switching Themes, Plugins, Advance SEO, Own Domain ‘yourdomain.com’, Add widgets, Manage Menu, Manage Admin and more.
BUY A DOMAIN & HOSTING PLAN THAT SUITS YOUR POCKET
Accumulate $60 to $80 off your pocket money only once in a year. Unless you financially sacrifice, don’t expect 1000 times multiple of it!
Godaddy, BlueHost & Hostgator are the recommended Domain & Hosting Service Providers.
Get niche-relevant or self-named suitable domain registered with hosting plan. Further, you will find ‘1 Click Install – WordPress‘ choice to get your blog live in 10 minutes. Godaddy’s Plans differ according to monthly and annual packages, choose what suits your pocket.
SELECT IMPRESSIVE THEME
Being a student you got an opportunity to impress high-profile community readers with professional design of your blog. For this, you only have to get an eye-catching theme according to the niche of the blog. Several free themes are available on WordPress with designs ready to use. For professional blog look, purchase a theme from best theme seller, well this optional. Learn How To Get WordPress Theme Ready To Use with guidance to quickly Purchase, Install & Activate theme.
SCHEDULE A DAY FOR WRITING A BLOG
Weekend? Is that what you are thinking of? I would suggest the Day would be Saturday, so you get plenty of time to think and accomplish at least half of the blog post. Remaining half to be pulled off on Sunday with a final touch and proper appearance. Time can be managed and segregated into 3 sessions on Saturday viz. College till Noon, Give minimum 2-3 hours for blog; Rest 2-3 hours to study. Sunday would be the perfect day to blog and plan strategies for money making blog.
Sacrifice unproductive activities you do every day such as spending unnecessary time on:
- WhatsApp, FB or other Group Chat (that eats time)
- Watching Music or Movies all day
- Hanging Out With Friends (Good for Nothing)
- Spending time somewhere more than the required duration
Avoid all these, unless you find it useful and worth it doing. Utilise this time in creating epic blog that drives more visitors come to your site. This is the crucial period of your journey to success.
WRITE 500+ WORDS EACH BLOG POST EVERY WEEK
Google is affectionate to the quality and quantity that gives terrific user experience. Impressing visitors is equal to impressing Google. Your content should be sufficient enough to let user understand and agree with what you serve them. Resolving user’s query or offering detailed info requires minimum of 500 words each post. Reaching upto 1000-2000 words in-depth would be more supportive.
BLOGGING MISTAKES TO AVOID
Major mistakes every newbie blogger makes, and those to be avoided. Do these:
- Avoid writing boring blog – Make posts interesting for readers
- Create 100% original content – Never copy content from other sites or blogs
- Write more on small topics such as ‘Earn Money From Affiliate Marketing’ instead ‘Earn Money From Internet’
- Don’t rush to ‘Publish’ the post – Review it twice correcting grammatical, technical and other mistakes perfecting whole blog
- Don’t over-express yourself as hero – Impress your readers by talks and talent that can really help readers
- Blog consistently – You may loose fans if blog ain’t posted frequently
- Do Neat and Tidy Work, it should be very clear, easy to read and understandable for readers
- Segregate explanatory points adding attractive and alive notes. Learn How To Add a Note To WordPress Blog Post or Page
OPTIMIZE BLOG FOR SEO
The time when you expect driving traffic to the blog, organic traffic comes first. Promoting blog through paid campaigns is sensible thought to initiate, but may result into loss for long run. Significant step is to drive traffic to the blog for free i.e. without investing a single penny. This could be only possible when you optimize blog with SEO.
SEO does take longer time to get positioned on the 1st page of the search engine, only if the blog is 100% optimized. It is must to Check SEO Score of the site at least once in a week. Try maintaining the score above 80.
BE MORE ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO SHARE
Advantages of being active on social media:
- Post Recent Blog To Increase Social Traffic
- Increase Engagement On Posts
- Gain New Fans and Followers
- Update Fans With New Launches, Offers and Blog Data
- Get Proposals for Partnership, Affiliate and Advertisements
- Impress New Visitors Displaying Social Fans
- Improve Alexa Rank
Make blog more shareable on mobile. Integrating WhatsApp Share Button For Mobile
SPEND 10 TO 15 MINS A DAY TO RESEARCH & STUDY NICHE COMPETITORS
Just blogging and being on social media ain’t enough as for blogger. If you settle on to stand out in the list of common bloggers, be creative thinker. Mix and Match creativity with recent data on a topic you want to write on. You only need to spend 10-15 minutes a day or at least twice a week to research on fresh statics, data and competitors over particular topic.
This would keep you 10 steps ahead of other bloggers in the same niche.
MENTION YOUR BLOG TO FRIENDS, LECTURERS, COLLEAGUES & RELATIVES
Don’t keep your passion and talent hidden. Do reveal your blog to friends, co-workers, lecturers and relatives. Be in touch more with the people passionate about doing something. This would release inspirational positivity around. Always do things that inspires you, or be with the people who encourages you. This would help you create productive community for blog & business.
LEARN TECHNICAL SKILLS TO IMPROVE BLOG
Learning these skills is not mandatory but helpful. Most of the bloggers when they start blogging they got 0% knowledge about coding, html or designing. Passionate bloggers learn such skills along when they enter into growth stage of blogging.
- VIDEO EDITING
These skills can be learned online from other bloggers or YouTube for free.
KEEP ON IMPROVISING WRITING SKILLS TO PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
To become a good writer it is must to be a good reader. This is because we learn writing from reading. Follow top bloggers in the world who are know for their successful blogs, enhanced writing skill and effective marketing tactics. Some of the best and famous bloggers to follow are – Neil Patel, Rand Fishkin, Brian Clark, Michael Arrington and many. Neil has also been listed in Recent Top Bloggers In India 2018.
Subscribe to their email updates and newsletters to read out fresh blog they’ve posted. Take you writing style to next level that it would impress readers; and they recommend you to be in the list of professional bloggers.
START SELLING DIGITAL PRODUCTS ON BLOG
Now when students can start a blog and earn money, what would be the source of income? Because posting blog is not the only way to become millionaire. There has to be sources within the blog that works like a money-magnet.
Query here is, what can you sell on the blog?
Selling tangible items could be possible if you blog about tangible market products, but this requires a deal and authority of dealers and manufacturers to sell their items.
Some of most downloadable digital items or items that students can sell without hassles, are:
- Sell Blog Posts (If you are good enough in writing – Ask FoeTube: How to Get Paid To Blog Posts or Sell Guest Posts)
- Sell Pro-Tips (in the form of downloadable document within the blog post)
- Stock Photos
- Wallpapers & Images
- Music & Videos
- Selling Fonts or Design Matter
- Courses or Training Sessions
If you don’t have such products to sell, just tie-up with people or companies who got such products. Sell it on your blog gaining a percentage (%) of commission.
IMPROVE ALEXA RANK – MAKE AN IMPRESSION OVER ADVERTISERS
In order to start earning through a blog it is necessary to impress visitors, clients, companies by improving Alexa rank. Alexa is the only medium that let’s and encourages advertiser to request you to place ads or affiliate on your blog.
- Install Alexa Toolbar For Browser
- Add Ranking Widget
- Increase Unique Visitors to Blog
- Increase Traffic
Well, this ain’t sufficient to boost ranking. Follow all 10 steps to Improve alexa rank within a month.
Top 10 Tips To Boost Alexa Rank In 2018 – Improve Alexa Rank In 20 – 30 Days
MAKE MONEY ONLINE
If you are popular enough to start earning, and you don’t want to sell any product on your blog, still you got the opportunity to earn.
- Sell Advertising Space On Your Blog Posts (Create Media Kit – Size, Pricing & Package)
- Sell Quality Backlinks to Reputed Blogger or Other Sites
- Offer Paid Posts On Your Blog (where marketers & bloggers will pay you to post on your blog)
- Offer Paid Training & Tutorial Videos
This is only possible when you accumulate at least 10K+ Unique Pageviews Per Day. Now is the time when you can call yourself a ‘Pro-Blogger‘. Reaching up to this stage needs huge efforts and seriousness. Well, every blogger is not a ‘Pro-Blogger’, it takes years of professional writing and successful delivery.
The students can start a blog for sure, if they are already inspired by famous bloggers. Inspiration builds up spirit encouraging to begin and accomplish a task each day.
Are You Inspired by Anyone? Get Inspired by Popular and Top Bloggers In India 2018
CONCLUSION: PLAN BIGGER FOR MORE MONEY & BLOG FAME
Now when matter is enlightened on how students can start a blog, few steps should be kept consistent. Follow these crucial steps to achieve more blog success:
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts every week without missing.
- Give 100% Good SEO
- Maintain Excellent Readability for better User Experience
- Install Alexa Toolbar to get your blog ranked higher. This will build up user’s trust on your blog. [Learn How To Improve Alexa Rank Quickly In 20-30 Days]
- Share your links all on Social Media (driving traffic from Social Media improves Alexa Rank)
- Expand Professional Network on LinkedIn
- Mention Blog in Resume to impress Interviewer & Make it Stand Out
Besides Knowing How Students Can Start a Blog Successfully ; Learn How Beginners Can Sell Blog Posts / Guest Posts & Earn